It's one of the most common questions that I get as it relates to coffee brewing at home - What coffee brewing method is the best?
Her are My Top Five Favorite Home Coffee Brewing Methods, Ranked:
5. Aeropress: The Aeropress strikes the perfect balance between single-cup brewing and produces coffee with elements of both drip coffee and espresso. I bring my Aeropress with me when I travel, especially to locations where finding good coffee options may not be easy. This method earns extra points for its portability and easy cleanup.
Favorite Coffee for Aeropress: Link to coffee
4. Cold Brewing: The great thing about cold brewing your coffee is that you can create a large batch that stays fresh in the refrigerator for weeks. I love cold brew because of its versatility. My preferred method is slightly diluted and served over ice, but I've also used it in smoothies, espresso martinis, and even in cooking recipes. If you enjoy cold coffee, I highly recommend trying cold brewing.
Favorite coffee for cold brewing: Link to coffee
3. French Press: The gateway method I recommend for home brewing is the French press. This method is very simple to learn and yields a deliciously complex brew with a consistent extraction. Cleanup is easy, and since the French press uses a wire mesh filter, there's no need to buy replacement filters. You can also find French presses in a variety of design styles and colors to suit your personality.
Favorite coffee for French Press: Link to coffee
2. Home Espresso Machine: What was once a very expensive investment has now become a great way to enjoy coffee-shop-quality drinks right at home at a much more approachable price point. Brands like Breville, Gaggia, and Jura all offer excellent options that consistently produce delicious espresso, along with a steam wand that provides enough power to create the perfect latte or cappuccino.
Favorite coffee for a home espresso machine: Link to coffee
1. Drip Brewer: A classic method that will never go out of style due to its consistent quality, ease of cleanup, and ability to produce a large batch of coffee in a relatively short amount of time. You'll find a lot of variability in these machines, with options ranging from reusable filters, temperature control, and larger capacity. My personal favorite brand for this machine is Moccamaster.
Favorite coffee for a drip brewer: Link to coffee
Questions? Please send us a note if you have any inquiries or need more tips for home brewing. We are always delighted to assist you on your coffee journey!